SAVE MONEY AND MAKE MONEY FROM YOUR ROOF
Businesses can utilize the asset of their roof space to save a lot of money on electricity bills by generating free electricity from a Mers.ie Solar PV installation and selling any excess electricity back to the grid via their electricity supplier. Businesses will enhance their clean energy and sustainability credentials with their customers.
Depending on the size of the installation, the power generated can fulfill a significant amount, if not all, of the business’s energy needs, lowering energy expenditures significantly. Solar PV can also be used to minimize carbon emissions in public facilities such as hospitals, schools, and libraries.
Solar panels are incorporated into the commercial electrical network and are typically put on the top of a building or on neighboring land. A photovoltaic system, often known as a solar PV system, converts daylight into electricity.
SEAI grants of up to €2,400 are available.
Receive up to €2,400 towards the installation of solar PV for your business, farm, school, community centres, or other non-profit organisation.
The Non-Domestic Microgen Scheme (NDMS) provides financial assistance to help businesses and other sectors to install solar PV panels to generate electricity on site. This technology reduces commercial electricity costs and increases security of supply, while enhancing a positive sustainability image. Grants are available for systems up to 6kWp.
Grant amounts for the solar PV system
The grant amount you receive is based on the standard output of your PV installation. Installations of up to 6kWp can be grant funded through the scheme. The maximum grant offering is €2,400 and this is available for systems from 4kWp.
Solar PV System
Who can apply?
This grant is available to:
- The agricultural sector
- Public sector bodies
- Community centres
- Non-profit societies
Do you want a free Mers.ie Solar PV system for your business?
We are offering 20% – 30% lower costs on your electricity by the renewable energy produced on your roof. We cover the design, solar panels, installation and maintenance. We are offering you the most competitive price on the market in Ireland.
How it works?
Our clients agree to lease the their roofs to us for 25 years, and we install the solar panels and engage into a lease of rights to operate the system and offer discounted power for that time period. Free of charge, we install our solar PV system on their roof. You are charged per unit of solar energy used. At no expense to our clients, we monitor, maintain, and insure the system for a period of 25 years.
How you benefit?
- Free solar PV system – We have completely sponsored the solar panel installation.
- Guaranteed power bill savings – The electricity generated by the solar panel system and consumed on site is purchased from us at a lower cost than your present energy supplier, and the pricing is tied to RPI inflation.
- ‘Green’ credentials at no expense — A no-cost way to improve your company’s environmental stewardship while also strengthening relationships with environmentally minded consumers, suppliers, and employees.
- We take care of the solar panel system under a long-term operations and maintenance contract, as well as insurance coverage, at no cost to you.
- Long-term energy market protection — The unit price you pay for electricity generated by a solar PV system will be established at the start of the agreement and will only grow in accordance with RPI, allowing you to plan ahead more effectively.
- Fully transferable – If you move to a different location, the PPA can be transferred to new residents.